LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Now ?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:32 pm 
We need to build some bridges and put out some olive branches and get a budget passed. We need a strong board president who can run meetings that are open to the public. We need to offer all of the opportunities promised by the reconfiguration. We need to maintain class size. We need to get the support of the teachers and stop bashing them. This is a community and we need to start acting like we all have the interest of our kids at heart and not personal agenda's. Sports are important, academics are important the music department is important. Lets come together and get this done for our kids.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:34 pm 
Lets also say thank you to Mrs Past Trustee LR and Mr Delaney for all of their service to the community.

Report this post

Post subject: What now
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:09 pm 
I agree with the individual above. Service on the BOE is community service and tremendously time consuming. When I served there were many nights that ran well past midnight and countless hours reviewing documents and presentations. I applaud anyone who serves. The BOE members all care about the children and all want to give something back to the community. They all deserve to be applauded.

However, change is a process and this community appears to want the old and new board to take a different approach going forward. The next few years are setting up to be rather challenging for Long Island school districts. Sachem needs to lead the way as it is the largest. I congratulate the winners and condolences for the losers. There is much work ahead.
Hopefully the community becomes more involved and the BOE becomes more open.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:16 pm 
Hey Diaz are you still here??
because we are...

kidpac

Report this post

Post subject: Kidpac
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:33 pm 
I am staying here if only to be a voice of fiscal sanity. We all want good things for the children, but the KIDPAC style is who cares how much it costs. That my friend is why I voice my opinion. Kidpac likes to label any one who questions spending as tax pac. THAT IS NOT THE CASE.
ALL I WANT TO SEE IS FISCAL RESPONSIBILTY AND A GOOD EDUCATION PROVIDED WITHIN THE MEANS OF THE COMMUNITY.
I WILL ALWAYS OPPOSE CARELESS SPENDING.

Report this post

Post subject: Kidpac and others
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:36 pm 
Dear kidpac

You hide behind an alias. I don't. I speak my mind and am willing to listen to alternatives. You hide behind one liners and won't sign your real name.
Grow up.

Lots of luck

Report this post