LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:10 am 
I think we should be more concerned with the actions of the East coach over a shot clock...JF always seems to make it about him! Maybe teaching the kids how to play...if he doesn't win this year he should go like the football coach!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I think we should be more concerned with the actions of the East coach over a shot clock...JF always seems to make it about him! Maybe teaching the kids how to play...if he doesn't win this year he should go like the football coach!

Yeah win! win! win! nothing else matters in HS sports. If the snap shot of intelligence represented on this site is an accurate measure of the community, its a wonder our kids have any chance at success!!! Ahh what the hell, blame the coach.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 am 
Anonymous wrote:
wow wrote:
What a bunch of nasty people the Sachem community has become. If this was a fundraiser than it should have been voluntary, not a paid admission. Secondly there is absolutely too much fund raising going on. Between school activities and outside travel teams, there is someone asking for money everyday. Not to mention outside of the supermarket every day. (those are the only ones who really are in need). Have you heard the unemployment rate lately.. People do not like to say no to kids and love to support them, but maybe they just do not have it at the momment. So lighten up all you deep-pockets. Not everyone has them even families of some of the well-behaved children.

ok so when your child is a senior and you are looking for money for college, make sure they dont apply for any scholarships, because you dont support where the money comes from. Have fun paying your own way for your childs future

What a novel idea paying your own way rather than picking the pockets of your cash strapped neighbors to turf fields and spend millions on top of the line sports equipment and uniforms.

I have a MS degree, and you know what the cost was to strangers? 0> That's right 0 I worked my way through and took out loans that I and only I am still paying back. I do have a child who is a senior, and I fully intend to have him earn his way. It is much more appreciated when earned and not handed to.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 am 
I asked a simple question. Did the BOE approve this so called fundraiser? Legally it had to be approved by the BOE. A fund raiser is a voluntary event. To charge admission needs to be BOE approved. So who approved this?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:18 am 
Nolan did and he doesn't need to ask anyone.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 am 
Anonymous wrote:

You are incorrect. BOE approval is necessary for any even to charge money or to even hold and event. Time to Dump Nolan and this BOE with this attitude. Hey Timo, you think Nolan doesn't need permission to charge students for school events?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:04 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You are incorrect. BOE approval is necessary for any even to charge money or to even hold and event. Time to Dump Nolan and this BOE with this attitude. Hey Timo, you think Nolan doesn't need permission to charge students for school events?

Then do away with all other scholarship fundraisers.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Please show us where you got this information????

By the way, they did the same thing last year as well and it is a great fundraiser for a SCHOLARSHIP!

You should be more concerned with the Town of Brookhaven hiring a guy to oversee the Highway Department who couldn't even oversee the Parks Department!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
wow wrote:
What a bunch of nasty people the Sachem community has become. If this was a fundraiser than it should have been voluntary, not a paid admission. Secondly there is absolutely too much fund raising going on. Between school activities and outside travel teams, there is someone asking for money everyday. Not to mention outside of the supermarket every day. (those are the only ones who really are in need). Have you heard the unemployment rate lately.. People do not like to say no to kids and love to support them, but maybe they just do not have it at the momment. So lighten up all you deep-pockets. Not everyone has them even families of some of the well-behaved children.

ok so when your child is a senior and you are looking for money for college, make sure they dont apply for any scholarships, because you dont support where the money comes from. Have fun paying your own way for your childs future

What a novel idea paying your own way rather than picking the pockets of your cash strapped neighbors to turf fields and spend millions on top of the line sports equipment and uniforms.

I have a MS degree, and you know what the cost was to strangers? 0> That's right 0 I worked my way through and took out loans that I and only I am still paying back. I do have a child who is a senior, and I fully intend to have him earn his way. It is much more appreciated when earned and not handed to.

hey man i totaly agree that things need to be earned and not handed to you, and last time i checked scholarships are earned and not just given out. But how about when you earn grades good enough to get into a good expensive school, but have to decline because you or your parents cant afford it, wouldnt it be nice to have the help from your community to help you fulfill the achievements that you have earned?? When you child is a junior in college and the tutition increases from what it was when they were a freshman, is that going to be alright with you if your paying? do you think your child be happy with it if they are paying?? Think about it

I just hope your child doesnt apply for any scholarships that are awarded every year to Sachem students. Wait you know what, they should not award any scholarships to anyone anymore, no one deserves or have earned them. You hear that Sachem, you hear that Mr. Nolan, You hear that BOE...NO MORE SCHOLARSHIPS, EVERYONE MUST PAY THIER OWN WAY FOR COLLEGE, thats the best idea

I would like to wish all Sachem seniors good luck as they make thier college decsions and apply for scholarships, other than the above posters child because they will not be applying for any i assume.
remember, do what is best for you

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:44 pm 
Your an “Smarty pants”...

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 am 
come out and support the boys varsity team friday at 4 o'clock. MSG varsity is filming the game. Lets Go Sachem...beat Floyd

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
wow wrote:

hey man i totaly agree that things need to be earned and not handed to you, and last time i checked scholarships are earned and not just given out. But how about when you earn grades good enough to get into a good expensive school, but have to decline because you or your parents cant afford it, wouldnt it be nice to have the help from your community to help you fulfill the achievements that you have earned?? When you child is a junior in college and the tutition increases from what it was when they were a freshman, is that going to be alright with you if your paying? do you think your child be happy with it if they are paying?? Think about it

I just hope your child doesnt apply for any scholarships that are awarded every year to Sachem students. Wait you know what, they should not award any scholarships to anyone anymore, no one deserves or have earned them. You hear that Sachem, you hear that Mr. Nolan, You hear that BOE...NO MORE SCHOLARSHIPS, EVERYONE MUST PAY THIER OWN WAY FOR COLLEGE, thats the best idea

I would like to wish all Sachem seniors good luck as they make thier college decsions and apply for scholarships, other than the above posters child because they will not be applying for any i assume.
remember, do what is best for you

HAHAhA I like this person and his response. I was just reading Sachem Patch about sports night for the elementary schools, they said it raised money for 56 $500 scholarships last year. We should probably stop doing this as well, it is raising too much money for our senior students and its too fun for the community

Report this post