LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Arrow security could never be a safe alternative. These "security guards" have little or no experience. I know, I was fresh out of High School and offered a position at a very busy shopping mall. I took it, and discovered that these people drink on the job, have personal relationships with the people they are suppose to be securing, and graduate from a "training course" in 21 hours. Why would you want to bring them into the schools? They would end up being a major liability. Next time you are out in the community and see an arrow car or security guard, take a peek and see if this is what you want around your teenage daughter in a high school having an authoritative position. I understand cuts must be made, but never sacrificing the safety and integrity of our children and schools.

hahaha it doesnt have to be arrow it could be any other company because their security doesnt make 18-28 dollars an hour like sachems

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Arrow security could never be a safe alternative. These "security guards" have little or no experience. I know, I was fresh out of High School and offered a position at a very busy shopping mall. I took it, and discovered that these people drink on the job, have personal relationships with the people they are suppose to be securing, and graduate from a "training course" in 21 hours. Why would you want to bring them into the schools? They would end up being a major liability. Next time you are out in the community and see an arrow car or security guard, take a peek and see if this is what you want around your teenage daughter in a high school having an authoritative position. I understand cuts must be made, but never sacrificing the safety and integrity of our children and schools.

hahaha it doesnt have to be arrow it could be any other company because their security doesnt make 18-28 dollars an hour like sachems

Any security company that offers jobs to people with no experience, and a 21 hour course is going to also offer a lower wage! 10 bucks an hour will attract slim balls with issues. The security at Sachem is top notch, remember you get what you pay for.

Report this post

Post subject: Security NonSense
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:23 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Any security company that offers jobs to people with no experience, and a 21 hour course is going to also offer a lower wage! 10 bucks an hour will attract slim balls with issues. The security at Sachem is top notch, remember you get what you pay for.

I have to laugh. You say $18 dollars a hr is high. I bet to hire Arrow it would cost Sachem about $21 hr after all fees paid on top of the $10 hr the guard receives. You know the owners of arrow have to get paid and there office expenses and payroll dept. have to all get paid and they have to pay for benefits towards this workers. So basically you just got a more expensive security guard with most likely no security experience or law enforcement background. What do you think of that now? You just made it more expensive?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Security NonSense
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am 
Security Nonsense wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I have to laugh. You say $18 dollars a hr is high. I bet to hire Arrow it would cost Sachem about $21 hr after all fees paid on top of the $10 hr the guard receives. You know the owners of arrow have to get paid and there office expenses and payroll dept. have to all get paid and they have to pay for benefits towards this workers. So basically you just got a more expensive security guard with most likely no security experience or law enforcement background. What do you think of that now? You just made it more expensive?

Hi I have been following the posts on this and i have heard the same rumor going around about another security company possibly coming in. i work for sachem as well and have heard of it and i agree that it would be a lot cheaper you people write what you want but you dont all work for sachem and should have no say because you dont know what goes on so get a life and stop

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Security NonSense
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:16 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Security Nonsense wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hi I have been following the posts on this and i have heard the same rumor going around about another security company possibly coming in. i work for sachem as well and have heard of it and i agree that it would be a lot cheaper you people write what you want but you dont all work for sachem and should have no say because you dont know what goes on so get a life and stop

Why are you people picking on the lowest common denominator here. Tightening up on security personal doesn't solve anything. One 100k incompetant teacher gets cut and that pays for most of your security.
You need to freeze teacher and adminstrator salaries , have the state revamp the pension system.And get rid of low performing teachers

Report this post