LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pickpocket
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:44 am 
Fred,

I'm still laughing :lol:

so funny.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 am 
Laughing at you!! I'm laughing at the fool who's pocket was picked and is laughing at me for showing how his pocket was picked.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:53 am 
what tis the fastest way to gewt people to leave a meeting??????

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:38 am 
So, are you being sued for slander yet? I know people may think it was funny, but to put a picture of an ex NYC officer on a public site and label it PICKPOCKET, is a bit out of line. I did notice it was changed to " trustee or pickpocket" which also appears with a picture of Mr. Scavo. I hope they had lawyers call you onto the carpet for this one. Civil court cases are pretty expensive, especially if you lose. They both live in the district with their families. You have got to be the biggest m o r o n to think youbshould be able to do things like this. If Scavo and Falco read this, I hope youbgonafter him with both barrels blasting

My favorite Chinese food is So Sue Me.
As long as the board deliberately over taxes homeowners to bank money while telling the people they need the money to keep programs... I will call all Trustees that deliberately materially misrepresent budget lines Pickpockets and deceivers.
Now Listen to why I call them Pickpocketsand deceivers.
http://www.sachemunspun.com/wcdeb.mp3
http://www.sachemunspun.com/10106timo.mp3
http://www.sachemunspun.com/11fb20m.mp3
http://www.sachemunspun.com/11blies.mp3

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 am 
Really hate to break the news to you but public elected officials can't sure for this sort of writing. They can but courts have ruled they are fair game.
Union and BOE Presidents do it all the time. They use litigation as a means to punish. On the other hand I get the depositions and can use them as I see fit.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:04 pm 
They are not ruled to be fair game. It is difficult to win, but they can sue. And since the original posting of "pickpocket " was changed to something more ambiguous, my guess is he found that out too. Thanks for trying to break it to me, but I do fine on my own. As for Fred, don't eat too much so sue me- it is not good for your health. If you cross that line with the wrong person, you may need your stomach pumped. Trustee or Scumbag, Pickpocket, are all well within my legal speech rights. Especially when describing people who deliberately over charge taxpayers to bank money without telling them. When and if the Board threatens to cut programs to bank money, I'll add child abusers.BTW are you one of the people who said I was friends with Tony.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
No, I never said anything about Tony to you. I only had one conversation with you about one year ago. It really was not a conversation. You introduced yourself to me, and that was about it. Your tactics are simply not my style. You may get some results your way, but I think that there are better, more educated and more effective ways to get more efficient results.

Please share your more effective ways to get more efficient results. Quickly! Your Neighbors can't pay their bills while the district sits on more than $60 million of their hard earned and needed money.

Politely ask Falco, Scalvo, LaCata, Duncan and Tripi to take pitty on the people. Ask the caring gentleman not to overcharge people by $700 per family to give back the next year. The people could have used the money to pay bills.
Tell the wonderful Falco, Scalvo, LaCata, Duncan and Tripi to please consider not increasing the budget after people vote. It renders the people's vote meaningless. Remind the precious it is not nice to create an emergency to not return taxes. TWO YEARS IN A ROW

Ask every person who gets their lights turned off this month or are out of work to come up with a name to call someone who took seven hundred dollars out of their wallet without permission.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
No, I never said anything about Tony to you. I only had one conversation with you about one year ago. It really was not a conversation. You introduced yourself to me, and that was about it. Your tactics are simply not my style. You may get some results your way, but I think that there are better, more educated and more effective ways to get more efficient results.

Please share your more effective ways to get more efficient results. Quickly! Your Neighbors can't pay their bills while the district sits on more than $60 million of their hard earned and needed money.

Politely ask Falco, Scalvo, LaCata, Duncan and Tripi to take pitty on the people. Ask the caring gentleman not to overcharge people by $700 per family to give back the next year. The people could have used the money to pay bills.
Tell the wonderful Falco, Scalvo, LaCata, Duncan and Tripi to please consider not increasing the budget after people vote. It renders the people's vote meaningless. Remind the precious it is not nice to create an emergency to not return taxes. TWO YEARS IN A ROW

Ask every person who gets their lights turned off this month or are out of work to come up with a name to call someone who took seven hundred dollars out of their wallet.

Wow bravo you almost sound like you give a poop. I do How come nothing about increasing class size to save even more money , or cutting useless programs or teachers to save money, whats changed?What does this have to do with over taxing people one year to give it back the next year? You keep decieving people about all this money that is there when you now admit it is actually for other things What other thingsBUT in an emergency they can change the use of that money , but remeber that money was for other things that still have to be paid for.You are confused and lost

This is from another post and may help

Using the TRS liability is a one time fix and last resort. The TRS bill cannot be determined in the year it is earned. Years ago the TRS was paid in the year it was billed and due. Now it is due and collected in the year it is for. Example Last year 's TRS estimated expenses were collected last year and paid in October and November of this year. When we were looking at what appeared as an emergency and Assistant Superintendent for Business is telling everyone we are falling off a cliff. I am stating we could use the funds to fill holes and the following year we pay the bill. Reserves can't be used in that manor and a letter of non-compliance beats the crap out of not making payroll.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:02 am 
Fred is the best thing that ever happened to Long Island, Sachem and Nesconset. He is a hero. He saved my home. If he says someone is picking a pocket. They are! He is fighting for all of us!

Times of Smithtown
Nesconset advocate puts 'passion' to good use

Tax watchdog and flooding-relief organizer Fred Gorman is Man of the Year in Civics

By Christopher Heine
12/27/2007 | 12:27 PM
"I have been accused of having a lot of passion," said civic leader Fred Gorman of Nesconset.

But this is hardly a tragic flaw — passion would seem to be a highly prized asset for a man who is founder and chairman of the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association along with five other active civic groups. Of course, that is leaving out the six other community organizations Gorman founded and then disbanded once their goals had been achieved.

For his relentless pursuit of excellence for the Nesconset-Lake Ronkonkoma community — like leading the charge in efforts to convince Suffolk County to create parkland near the lake, organizing the Wet Without Relief campaign to secure governmental assistance with damage from groundwater flooding, and demanding a ZIP code change that saved his neighborhood thousands in property taxes — The Times of Smithtown Township recognizes Gorman as the 2007 Man of the Year in Civics.

Pat Byrne, president of the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association, described Gorman as "a one-man army in defense of the taxpayer."

Nevertheless, Byrne continued, Gorman remains a largely misunderstood figure in the public eye. One reason for this misunderstanding may be due to his efforts to keep the Sachem School District budget in check, Byrne said, a move that some could view as short-changing students in the community.

However, state Assemblyman Mike Fitzpatrick (R-St. James) sees Gorman's activities as sound fiscal reasoning to accommodate recent downturns in the economy.

"We are feeling the impact of a softening economy with a $4.5 billion deficit. The [schools'] new mantra needs to be 'we can reduce spending' and not 'we need more revenue,'" Fitzpatrick said.

Over the years Gorman has remained tirelessly committed to advocating fiscal accountability in local government as a means of lowering residents' taxes.

In an unusual feat of tax reduction, Gorman challenged New York State equalization and reassessment laws in a successful effort to convince the U.S. Postal Service to change 2,000 ZIP codes in the Nesconset area. Through lower tax assessments as a result of the redistricting, Gorman was able to save himself and his neighbors on average over $1,000 a year, he said.

Gorman's dedication to lighten the burden on Nesconset taxpayers stems from his desire to preserve the town he has lived in for over 30 years and raised five children in.

"Right now we have an economy that is driving the young, our children and the senior citizens out of town," Gorman said. Luckily, such has not been his family's fate yet, as Gorman's mother along with many of his children and grandchildren still live in Nesconset.

The civic leader is dedicated to more than just saving taxes — he has displayed equal commitment to beautification and preservation of the land surrounding Lake Ronkonkoma. Gorman has spearheaded initiatives which led to this year's creation of the county-operated Walter S. Commerdinger and Lily Pond parks, both in Nesconset.

Currently, he is working with county Legislator John Kennedy Jr. (R-Nesconset) to revitalize the former Bavarian Inn property. Gorman's goal is to have the property acquired by the county as a staging ground for ice and regular boating on Lake Ronkonkoma.

Kennedy said he has worked with Gorman on a variety of projects since 2004.

"In my opinion Fred is an easy guy to partner and work with," Kennedy said. "He ... has been a major coalescing force for many of the civic groups, which have not only benefitted but learned from him."

Gorman offered his recipe for attracting elected officials' attention to local causes. "The truth is if you do you research and can back everything up, they have to pay attention to you," he said.

Despite his achievements for the community, Gorman said he prefers to stay out of the spotlight, and remains modest about his accomplishments.

"My real strength is I have a little bit of technical computer knowledge and I know how to put a group together to get things done," Gorman said. His technical expertise has resulted in over half a dozen websites for his different civic groups. Some of the sites take a tongue-in-cheek approach: one that is critical of LIPA's rising costs employs a logo and layout strikingly similar to LIPA's own website. At the bottom of many of Gorman's web pages is the pointed question, "Isn't it better to say goodbye to a senator than your mom?"

When Gorman is not working as a member of Wet Without Relief, Long Islanders for Education Reform, Long Island Energy Surveillance, Sachem Community Watch or the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association, Gorman likes to sit back and read a good book. Among his favorite fictional reading is J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Gorman said he is impressed with the author's ability to "make the illusion and the fairy tale seem real."

Gorman is also a voracious reader of historical biographies as well as a fan of cinema. He said he considers the politics of Thomas Jefferson and Sun Tzu to be models he follows in his civic endeavors.

Gorman's personal hero is his father, Frederick, who dropped out of school when he was 16 years old to support his family. Frederick Gorman served in the 101st Airborne and boxed with Joe Louis while in the army, his son related.

The younger Gorman said his dedication to preserving a high quality of life for his family and neighbors was a valuable lesson taught to him by his father. "Every year he would take out a loan so he always made sure he had gifts every Christmas," Gorman said.

Ultimately, the Nesconset civic leader's goal — whether he's fighting for lower taxes, preservation of land or aid with groundwater flooding — is simple.

"The truth is, I just want to make this a nice place for people to live in," Gorman said.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Fred is the best thing that ever happened to Long Island, Sachem and Nesconset. He is a hero. He saved my home. If he says someone is picking a pocket. They are! He is fighting for all of us!

Times of Smithtown
Nesconset advocate puts 'passion' to good use

Tax watchdog and flooding-relief organizer Fred Gorman is Man of the Year in Civics

By Christopher Heine
12/27/2007 | 12:27 PM
"I have been accused of having a lot of passion," said civic leader Fred Gorman of Nesconset.

But this is hardly a tragic flaw — passion would seem to be a highly prized asset for a man who is founder and chairman of the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association along with five other active civic groups. Of course, that is leaving out the six other community organizations Gorman founded and then disbanded once their goals had been achieved.

For his relentless pursuit of excellence for the Nesconset-Lake Ronkonkoma community — like leading the charge in efforts to convince Suffolk County to create parkland near the lake, organizing the Wet Without Relief campaign to secure governmental assistance with damage from groundwater flooding, and demanding a ZIP code change that saved his neighborhood thousands in property taxes — The Times of Smithtown Township recognizes Gorman as the 2007 Man of the Year in Civics.

Pat Byrne, president of the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association, described Gorman as "a one-man army in defense of the taxpayer."

Nevertheless, Byrne continued, Gorman remains a largely misunderstood figure in the public eye. One reason for this misunderstanding may be due to his efforts to keep the Sachem School District budget in check, Byrne said, a move that some could view as short-changing students in the community.

However, state Assemblyman Mike Fitzpatrick (R-St. James) sees Gorman's activities as sound fiscal reasoning to accommodate recent downturns in the economy.

"We are feeling the impact of a softening economy with a $4.5 billion deficit. The [schools'] new mantra needs to be 'we can reduce spending' and not 'we need more revenue,'" Fitzpatrick said.

Over the years Gorman has remained tirelessly committed to advocating fiscal accountability in local government as a means of lowering residents' taxes.

In an unusual feat of tax reduction, Gorman challenged New York State equalization and reassessment laws in a successful effort to convince the U.S. Postal Service to change 2,000 ZIP codes in the Nesconset area. Through lower tax assessments as a result of the redistricting, Gorman was able to save himself and his neighbors on average over $1,000 a year, he said.

Gorman's dedication to lighten the burden on Nesconset taxpayers stems from his desire to preserve the town he has lived in for over 30 years and raised five children in.

"Right now we have an economy that is driving the young, our children and the senior citizens out of town," Gorman said. Luckily, such has not been his family's fate yet, as Gorman's mother along with many of his children and grandchildren still live in Nesconset.

The civic leader is dedicated to more than just saving taxes — he has displayed equal commitment to beautification and preservation of the land surrounding Lake Ronkonkoma. Gorman has spearheaded initiatives which led to this year's creation of the county-operated Walter S. Commerdinger and Lily Pond parks, both in Nesconset.

Currently, he is working with county Legislator John Kennedy Jr. (R-Nesconset) to revitalize the former Bavarian Inn property. Gorman's goal is to have the property acquired by the county as a staging ground for ice and regular boating on Lake Ronkonkoma.

Kennedy said he has worked with Gorman on a variety of projects since 2004.

"In my opinion Fred is an easy guy to partner and work with," Kennedy said. "He ... has been a major coalescing force for many of the civic groups, which have not only benefitted but learned from him."

Gorman offered his recipe for attracting elected officials' attention to local causes. "The truth is if you do you research and can back everything up, they have to pay attention to you," he said.

Despite his achievements for the community, Gorman said he prefers to stay out of the spotlight, and remains modest about his accomplishments.

"My real strength is I have a little bit of technical computer knowledge and I know how to put a group together to get things done," Gorman said. His technical expertise has resulted in over half a dozen websites for his different civic groups. Some of the sites take a tongue-in-cheek approach: one that is critical of LIPA's rising costs employs a logo and layout strikingly similar to LIPA's own website. At the bottom of many of Gorman's web pages is the pointed question, "Isn't it better to say goodbye to a senator than your mom?"

When Gorman is not working as a member of Wet Without Relief, Long Islanders for Education Reform, Long Island Energy Surveillance, Sachem Community Watch or the Nesconset-Sachem Civic Association, Gorman likes to sit back and read a good book. Among his favorite fictional reading is J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Gorman said he is impressed with the author's ability to "make the illusion and the fairy tale seem real."

Gorman is also a voracious reader of historical biographies as well as a fan of cinema. He said he considers the politics of Thomas Jefferson and Sun Tzu to be models he follows in his civic endeavors.

Gorman's personal hero is his father, Frederick, who dropped out of school when he was 16 years old to support his family. Frederick Gorman served in the 101st Airborne and boxed with Joe Louis while in the army, his son related.

The younger Gorman said his dedication to preserving a high quality of life for his family and neighbors was a valuable lesson taught to him by his father. "Every year he would take out a loan so he always made sure he had gifts every Christmas," Gorman said.

Ultimately, the Nesconset civic leader's goal — whether he's fighting for lower taxes, preservation of land or aid with groundwater flooding — is simple.

"The truth is, I just want to make this a nice place for people to live in," Gorman said.
Good work Fred.....Now.....How the heck can we find money to fund the increases in school costs??? And you do admit, no program cuts, no layoffs need be.....How about a few "out Of The Box" ideas to generate capitol for future increases, And I mean even if the buildings are used "For Profit"...Let's get some new ideas going...Let Sachem be the Leader in Change....Here are a few.....Rent rooms for Birthday Parties.....Rent rooms for local colleges...These are baby steps...Movie nights...Maybe even lending money....Set up a, low cost, for profit, tutoring program. Charge small amounts for EVERY after school activity.....Windmill generators,and massive solar panals and sell electricty??? Craft fairs? Senior citizen dances and dinners?..This stuff all adds up.... Have we all become victims of the old Status Quo. Have all these laws crippled us from innovation? There are answers for fiscal problems IF we, and "LawMakers" have the will to change....

We have the Soccer fields. A huge property off the expressway. A bus fleet and thousands of parking spots. We could role up the grass and hold a 9 day Sachem Fair over the labor day weekend.. With a Circus in one Corner and a Rodeo in the other, a thousand rides, events and completions. The district will conservatively make $3 million per 100,000 visitors. Over Labor day and Hampton's Traffic expect 800,000 to 1 million visits. Now think how much a $million is worth when we don’t have to follow Wicks Law and other State Nonsense. Think of the Sports complexes, theaters and taxpayers never having to pay a cent for co-curricular. You could call the stadium Taxpayer field or Gormande
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:53 pm 
New ideas to raise capital? You have to be kdding! How about a novel idea of stop spending. We have cost or spending problem not a revenue problem, you don't get it. Roosevelt has a revenue problem, they have no reserves, no tax base, large classes, teachers unpaid. We have millions in reserves and have built in surpluses for the last 19 years. Take a look:
2010-2011 surplus 11 million
2009-2010 surplus 12 million
2008- 2009 surplus 11 million
2007-2008 surplus 9 million
2006-2007 surplus 4.6 million
2005-2006 surplus .2 million
2004-2005 surplus 2.1 million
2003-2004 surplus 9 million
etc……

2011-2012 they admit to 5 million extra the number is much highr. You really think we have a revenue problem?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
New ideas to raise capital? You have to be kdding! How about a novel idea of stop spending. We have cost or spending problem not a revenue problem, you don't get it. Roosevelt has a revenue problem, they have no reserves, no tax base, large classes, teachers unpaid. We have millions in reserves and have built in surpluses for the last 19 years. Take a look:
2010-2011 surplus 11 million
2009-2010 surplus 12 million
2008- 2009 surplus 11 million
2007-2008 surplus 9 million
2006-2007 surplus 4.6 million
2005-2006 surplus .2 million
2004-2005 surplus 2.1 million
2003-2004 surplus 9 million
etc……

2011-2012 they admit to 5 million extra the number is much highr. You really think we have a revenue problem?
We will...

I asked Scavo several times... The $5million is additional budget line inflation to increase the budget to justify a $7 million tax increase. Without the inflation they couldn't justify the tax increase. Based on the Boards claimed $16 million spending increase, The Budget lines are inflated by $14 million go to http://www.sachemunspun.com/11blies.mp3

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 pm 
Quote:
Good work Fred.....Now.....How the heck can we find money to fund the increases in school costs??? And you do admit, no program cuts, no layoffs need be.....How about a few "out Of The Box" ideas to generate capitol for future increases, And I mean even if the buildings are used "For Profit"...Let's get some new ideas going...Let Sachem be the Leader in Change....Here are a few.....Rent rooms for Birthday Parties.....Rent rooms for local colleges...These are baby steps...Movie nights...Maybe even lending money....Set up a, low cost, for profit, tutoring program. Charge small amounts for EVERY after school activity.....Windmill generators,and massive solar panals and sell electricty??? Craft fairs? Senior citizen dances and dinners?..This stuff all adds up.... Have we all become victims of the old Status Quo. Have all these laws crippled us from innovation? There are answers for fiscal problems IF we, and "LawMakers" have the will to change....

We have the Soccer fields. A huge property off the expressway. A bus fleet and thousands of parking spots. We could role up the grass and hold a 9 day Sachem Fair over the labor day weekend.. With a Circus in one Corner and a Rodeo in the other, a thousand rides, events and completions. The district will conservatively make $3 million per 100,000 visitors. Over Labor day and Hampton's Traffic expect 800,000 to 1 million visits. Now think how much a $million is worth when we don’t have to follow Wicks Law and other State Nonsense. Think of the Sports complexes, theaters and taxpayers never having to pay a cent for co-curricular. You could call the stadium Taxpayer field or Gormande
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good ideas.Can't keep taximg the homeowners...Inflation will be the main burden, soon..

Report this post