LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am 
I read on the sachem patch site that there is a budget type presentation at East next week. I think it said thursday night. does anyone know anything about this?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 am 
GATEParent wrote:
My son came home from school and informed me the plan is to cut 0 period and have music during the day and a study hall!

My tax dollars are being wasted on a free period for the kids to be babysat?! This is absurd.

I am the parent of a GATE student and my child and the children yet to come up to the middle schools deserve their GATE program, NOT TO MENTION the middle school business programs! These children DO NOT need extra years of writing lab, which by the way I looked up and is NOT mandated. It is wasted education, as least teach them something they like!

My daughter's favorite class in middle school was Career Exploration. She raved about it and would often insist on going to school even when she was sick so she didn't miss that class.

I was sorry to hear they cut the GATE program. Perhaps all the GATE parents should attend the board meeting this Wednesday to fight for it.

Report this post