LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Principal or Janitor?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:30 am 
I see posts everywhere about how expensive teachers are. WHAT ABOUT THE NORTH PRINCIPAL? Im sure he makes over 150Gs and he sweeps the halls ALL DAY! If he has time to sweep halls and clean lunch room all day, then either he has to much time on his hands and we don't need to pay him his salary OR we don't need the silly amount of APs in that building, he should start doing what the principal is paid to do and then maybe we can get rid of some principals. We the tax payer don't pay him to sweep all day. All I hear lately is less kids in Sachem, less classes are need then, less teachers need to be paid, well I am geussing less principals too then, right? That will be a big savings, and all we will have is dustier hallways.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:35 am 
geust wrote:
I see posts everywhere about how expensive teachers are. WHAT ABOUT THE NORTH PRINCIPAL? Im sure he makes over 150Gs and he sweeps the halls ALL DAY! If he has time to sweep halls and clean lunch room all day, then either he has to much time on his hands and we don't need to pay him his salary OR we don't need the silly amount of APs in that building, he should start doing what the principal is paid to do and then maybe we can get rid of some principals. We the tax payer don't pay him to sweep all day. All I hear lately is less kids in Sachem, less classes are need then, less teachers need to be paid, well I am geussing less principals too then, right? That will be a big savings, and all we will have is dustier hallways.

You have obviously never met or know Mr. D..The man had some tough shoes to fill before he arrived, and has jumped right in to North with out missing a beat..How about arriving at 6 am, and cleaning up the parking lot..He cares for our kids, our school, and our community. We all should be grateful we have him, so before you just throwing out some crap know what you speak of first. He is worth every penny, and not one to pick on..BTW I am a parent that has a child at North, and know first hand who the man is..

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:49 am 
Without saying a word, he demonstrates respect for the students, the school, and the community. In a building where many students throw trash on the floor because "its the janitor's job to clean it up," Mr. D sets an example that everyone should care about their school.

Report this post

Post subject: Principal or Janitor
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:04 am 
How about this sweeping allows him to interact with the student body daily without seeming to be staring them down. I would rather have him visible than sitting at his desk. Maybe to you it is a little corny but every kid at North knows him, not just the ones that get sent to his office. Kudos to him!!!!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 am 
Mr. "D" makes approximately only $55,000 a year as of this year.

He is working just as hard as the rest of us at his job.
He has great intentions, but he is going about things the wrong way. At least he is trying.

NYS public employee salaries: http://seethroughny.net/PayrollsPension ... BRANCHID=6

just put in sachem north and then go to "D".

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:58 am 
He is pathetic! Nolan brought his friend in and as one highest paid administrator in the district he cleans garbage to get to know students. Thanks Mr. "D" for your response above. How about getting in early and doing something other than cleaning the parking lot. Change your message to the community. It's been up since October. Kind of old, but I guess the garbage is piling up like the stories linked above this one.

Report this post

Post subject: studentsrespecthim
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 am 
Mr. D is a well respected educator who spends more time interacting in the halls, getting to know his students and school rather than sending emails all day behind closed doors. The man cares. The man has a heart. This is the kind of person you would want your children to learn from. This is the kind of man that calls every kid for their birthday on his own time. The kids may find it funny his '10- do-isms' but they repeat them with a small smile because they know when they are being cared for. Behind the labels and behind the cliques, kids want to be nurtured and cared for and when they RESPECT someone that runs their school, you can bet your bottom dollar that said students will think twice before disrespecting it because of the leadership in Mr. D. Don't you ever question his intentions. No one, NO ONE would work as hard as he has just because he is friends with the Super. He cares and as an employee, I would happily do whatever is asked and more because like the students, this man has earned respect.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: studentsrespecthim
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 am 
studentsrespecthim wrote:
Mr. D is a well respected educator who spends more time interacting in the halls, getting to know his students and school rather than sending emails all day behind closed doors. The man cares. The man has a heart. This is the kind of person you would want your children to learn from. This is the kind of man that calls every kid for their birthday on his own time. The kids may find it funny his '10- do-isms' but they repeat them with a small smile because they know when they are being cared for. Behind the labels and behind the cliques, kids want to be nurtured and cared for and when they RESPECT someone that runs their school, you can bet your bottom dollar that said students will think twice before disrespecting it because of the leadership in Mr. D. Don't you ever question his intentions. No one, NO ONE would work as hard as he has just because he is friends with the Super. He cares and as an employee, I would happily do whatever is asked and more because like the students, this man has earned respect.

Well said..

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:03 pm 
geust wrote:

Disgruntaled teacher, secretary?????????????

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 am 
Once again the malcontents here pick on the people that actually care and do good in our schools.

Report this post