LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Principal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:41 am 
Good job "D" I did not know there was a district policy allowing students to submit book reports on the cat in the hat to offset failing grades in geometry. Whats next extra credit for picking up garbage

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am 
How about you speak up to him directly instead of this absurd forum???

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:51 am 
I don't know what the big deal is. Mr. "D" was able to help a student graduate by giving him an extra credit report. Oh The Places We Go has many life lessons. The student handed in a great report and the studen won't be penalized by a geometry class that he just can't pass.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:01 am 

this is too big to fail logic, what is with this can't stuff? Social advancement does not a better person make.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:23 am 
The kid did a book report on a 3rd grade Dr. Seuss book to pass high school geometry. Seems logical.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:23 pm 
This is the NEW CHANGE, The Obama Plan, The Liberal Way. You Can't or Don't want to Do or Acccomplish something,It's Done for you or made So Easy you Get it. Not enough Minority Cop's or Firemen??, just Lower their Passing Grade to 30, Who cares if theycan't read or write. Don't want to work or make your Life Better, Just Take from the people who DID. I won't even say Wake Up America, It's To Late. It's Over, and Most Don't even realize It, Because Their Entitled, and It Can't Happen, BUT IT IS!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 am 
This entire thread is based on something that we know nothing about. Everything we have read is speculation. It's unfair and irresponsible. Anybody who does post claiming to have actual information...but does so anonymously...cannot be taken seriously as a credible source.

Come on, people. We as a community are better than this.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:38 am 
Guest 1616 wrote:
This is the NEW CHANGE, The Obama Plan, The Liberal Way. You Can't or Don't want to Do or Acccomplish something,It's Done for you or made So Easy you Get it. Not enough Minority Cop's or Firemen??, just Lower their Passing Grade to 30, Who cares if theycan't read or write. Don't want to work or make your Life Better, Just Take from the people who DID. I won't even say Wake Up America, It's To Late. It's Over, and Most Don't even realize It, Because Their Entitled, and It Can't Happen, BUT IT IS!

actually if you knew anything about the "obama plan" you wouldn't say that. it was Bush's No child left behind that Obama has sought to change, ask NYSUT if they liked obamas plan which included charter schools and teacher evaluations, please in the future try to know what you are talking about or in your arrogance are you entitled to be dumb

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 am 
"D" rocks!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:26 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Guest 1616 wrote:

If you read, what was written you would knowit had nothing to dowith Charter Schools or Teacher Evaluations. It's the country in General. Obama's A.G. is in favor of lowering Police Exam scores, to 30 or 40 in some states (check Ohio ) because minorities can't pass the test, to bad, STUDY. Obama, himself has stated, more then once ( only last week ) We should take away from the Rich and Give it to the Poor, B.S. Work for it! nd I'am not rich. So I guess in your Blindness, your Entitled to be Dumb. But don't worry, it's already happening.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:19 am 
Nobody is saying take from the rich and give to the poor. How about the rich paying their fair share. Why don't you do some research and see what the tax rates have been in the past. They are at an all time low. I am so tired of listening to people say we want small government - get out of our lives until something happens in their state. It is a shame what happened in the south and the federal government should help them recover, but these are the same officials that want big government out of their state. It takes revenue to carry these programs. Where does revenue come from (taxes)! When the government had a surplus in 2000 oh, lets give everyone a tax break. When the economy is doing bad, oh lets give everyone a tax break. It can't work both ways. But let's keep giving the big oil companies tax breaks and subsidies while they are raking in record profits!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:04 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Nobody is saying take from the rich and give to the poor. How about the rich paying their fair share. Why don't you do some research and see what the tax rates have been in the past. They are at an all time low. I am so tired of listening to people say we want small government - get out of our lives until something happens in their state. It is a shame what happened in the south and the federal government should help them recover, but these are the same officials that want big government out of their state. It takes revenue to carry these programs. Where does revenue come from (taxes)! When the government had a surplus in 2000 oh, lets give everyone a tax break. When the economy is doing bad, oh lets give everyone a tax break. It can't work both ways. But let's keep giving the big oil companies tax breaks and subsidies while they are raking in record profits!

What does this have to do with the Mr D o l a n?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm 
Let’s take the 1.3 Billion we give to Pakistan each year, and give that to the people down south who were hit with the tornados.

If we started build up our manufacturing and actually purchase our own goods and start to export again, and taxed the crap out of the imports, maybe we could become self sufficient again, start to use some of our own oil reserves, cut the middle east out for a while!

Create jobs, stop giving so much Aid to others around the world, maybe our deficit will cease to increase and like I said we start to import, maybe we can buy down the debt!

When we stop giving aid to the rest of the world, we will have to keep our military strong to protect our boarders, not the rest of the planet.

That is the United States that our fore fathers were looking into forming, not this Banking, political mess of a government we currently have. We are ruled by banking and not by manufacturing, we import more than we export, we lend our military, and the lives of our young men and women to other countries to fight their battles and demand nothing in return.

We buy out Banks who can’t manage their own money, We allow millions of dollars in rewards to Corporate CEOs who bankrupt companies.

But we let our elderly suffer with illnesses and hurt the families by taking all their possessions when they do get sick.

We offer billions of dollars in "aid" to third world countries and threaten to lay off workers here in our country so those countries can take our jobs.

we put more value on the people who trade stocks and drive up prices of simple everyday items so they can turn a profit, then on the people who teach our youth and help mold them to be a productive member of society.

We place more value on some girl who dresses weird and can sing a song on a stage because the press decides she is HOT for now, than the youth coaches and mentors and scout leaders and people who volunteer their time to children.

Listen, I wrote this from the heart, I guess more for me than any of you! if you want to read it please do, if you want to respond to it please do,

I don’t care if I spelled anything wrong, I don’t care if my punctuation is out of place, this is a heartfelt rant and I am glad that people have given their lives and fought for me to have the ability to rant like this in an open forum.

Did y’all see that Diane Sawyer has a special report coming up this week. They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .
There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they are going to show truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..
It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs!
I Was Buying Food The Other Day At Walmart and on the label of some products it said 'from china ’

for example the "our family" brand of the mandarin oranges says right on the can 'from china '

i was shocked so for a few more cents i bought the liberty gold brand or the dole since it's from calif.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think while the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets?

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? Do it yourself, America !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

Think about this: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on May 1st and continue it until June 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and
lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, MAY 1 TO JUNE 1st !!!!!! START NOW. Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted. If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WEGET!

The'Department of Energy' was instituted on 8-04-1977… TO LESSEN OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL.
Hey, pretty efficient, huh? ????
And now it's 2009, 32 years later and the budget for this necessary department is at$24.2 billion a year. It has 16,000 federal employees and approximately 100,000 contract employees

and look at the job it has done! … this is where you slap your forehead and say
'what was i thinking?' Ah, yes, good old bureaucracy...And NOW we are going to turn the Banking System, Health Care & the Auto Industry over to government? GOD HELP US!

Report this post