LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: who is paying for this?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:44 am 
Who is paying for Dan Smith's advertising? All those signs and the fancy postcards equal thousands of dollars spent to unseat a board member who always looks out for the children while keeping the taxpayers in mind. Who is backing this candidate? Who wins if Christine Lampitelli loses? Not the children and certainly not taxpayers.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:26 am 
When someone spends thousands of dollars for a position that is a community service slot that does not get a paid salary for then you need to worry...
Smells like the teachers union to me...


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am 
guests wrote:
When someone spends thousands of dollars for a position that is a community service slot that does not get a paid salary for then you need to worry...
Smells like the teachers union to me...


We will see in a few days. They tend to send out postcards to all teachers living in Sachem a day or two before the election. That would not be a good idea if they want the budget to pass. Lets hope they are staying out of this one.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: post
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 am 
Yea, those teachers don't pay sachem taxes. Who are they to get together and vote as a block.

Oh I am sorry they are tax payers.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:07 am 
Got a post card today in the mail. Does anyone else see that the teachers union is all over Dorothy Roberts campaign? When can we have an honest election? People running on what they have or can do for our district. The darn teachers union needs to stay out of an election! Residents, do you really want a board member that is owned by the very people whose contract is being negotiated? All the "vote yes" signs around have been put there by the teachers union! Can't you see, the union just wants the money in the bank for themselves, not our kids. I happen to support our classroom teachers, most of them impact our kids lives on every level and in every positive way. Their union s u c k s though and I wonder how many of the rank and file know the dirty deals that go on, not for our children but for their "job security"???????


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Got a post card today in the mail. Does anyone else see that the teachers union is all over Dorothy Roberts campaign? When can we have an honest election? People running on what they have or can do for our district. The darn teachers union needs to stay out of an election! Residents, do you really want a board member that is owned by the very people whose contract is being negotiated? All the "vote yes" signs around have been put there by the teachers union! Can't you see, the union just wants the money in the bank for themselves, not our kids. I happen to support our classroom teachers, most of them impact our kids lives on every level and in every positive way. Their union s u c k s though and I wonder how many of the rank and file know the dirty deals that go on, not for our children but for their "job security"???????


This will hurt her not help thats for sure..


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm 
well then by all means vote for the incumbents who are threatening to take everything away from our kids!How can you even think of supporting someone who thinks it is ok to cut all clubs and most sports. These are facts people. He has given raises to administration, hired the superintendents friends and in his own words "has worked well with administration and the unions". what has he done for our kids? absolutely nothing, except make them scared that everything that they love about school will be gone next year.

Incumbent Licata has proven that they are not good for Sachem kids!


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:15 pm 
Incumbent Licata has already proven he can help our kids and community. Ms. Roberts seems to be indebted tomthe teachers union at this point. That can only mean bad things for the schools and kids once the negotiations start for their contracts. It can't be good that they have paid for some of her campaign.

When you go and vote , you MUST take this into consideration. Licata has been on the board that has kept taxes down and programs in. Do we want to take a risk with a union favoring candidate? A lot has been said that he has been the quiet one, but I would rather have him than chance my quality of life here in Sachem.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:28 pm 
I refuse to argue with you people any longer facts are facts: Licata asked for union support and is pissed that he did not get it! Now you are saying bad things about his opponent who received the very support that he wanted! This is hypocritical.
You claim he has helped our kids, How?? He is helping them to have nothing to do next year after school with his cuts to co-curricular and sports. Even if the budget passes our kids have only half the clubs and extracurricular activities and middle school students only have half the sports. If this is helping kids, my kids don't need his help!!!!!


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I refuse to argue with you people any longer facts are facts: Licata asked for union support and is pissed that he did not get it! Now you are saying bad things about his opponent who received the very support that he wanted! This is hypocritical.
You claim he has helped our kids, How?? He is helping them to have nothing to do next year after school with his cuts to co-curricular and sports. Even if the budget passes our kids have only half the clubs and extracurricular activities and middle school students only have half the sports. If this is helping kids, my kids don't need his help!!!!!


Hey Dorothy, your post card said "Vote yes for the budget and vote for Dorothy Roberts" If you are supporting this budget then you are supporting the cuts in this budget, period. Now you come out saying that the cuts are his fault? Stop reaching at straws. Everyone, stop posting all this negative stuff about either of them! The them run on their own merits and stop the bashing!


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:04 pm 
I am a bit Leary because Ms. Roberts is being funded by the teachers union. Not because Licata does not have their support- but because I am afraid she will owe them now. Licata lost their support because he did not vote in a way they liked, is that a bad thing? I believe is was one vote they disliked. So, what happens during teacher negotiations? Their union president protects them, who will protect us? Ms. Roberts is not in a good position right now, as far as the frugal voters go. I wish she did not do this. Her credentials sound good, but now, how do you go with someone that may have to be biased? Maybe I am being dramatic, but , it seems that is how this whole school board/teacher union relationship goes. I feel like she is bought. I guess only time will tell. I just hope our children don't suffer because of decisions she made to get herself on the board. You should not be financially connected to any group- especially one that negotiates for money and benefits.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I am a bit Leary because Ms. Roberts is being funded by the teachers union. Not because Licata does not have their support- but because I am afraid she will owe them now. Licata lost their support because he did not vote in a way they liked, is that a bad thing? I believe is was one vote they disliked. So, what happens during teacher negotiations? Their union president protects them, who will protect us? Ms. Roberts is not in a good position right now, as far as the frugal voters go. I wish she did not do this. Her credentials sound good, but now, how do you go with someone that may have to be biased? Maybe I am being dramatic, but , it seems that is how this whole school board/teacher union relationship goes. I feel like she is bought. I guess only time will tell. I just hope our children don't suffer because of decisions she made to get herself on the board. You should not be financially connected to any group- especially one that negotiates for money and benefits.




Here's the facts .the Union didn't support Licata because they can't control him, they didn't like the way he voted for the community and our kids againsty thier own self-interests. So the Union has to go to roberts as their hand-picked pabought and paid for stooge. That's a good reason for voting for licata.

another fact, when fred gives his self serving BS speeches at board meeting s it is THE TEACHERS WHO CHEER AND CLAP FOR HIM. Think about that. it is the Union that is cheering fred's version of the facts.So who is in who's pocket?

Fred gives his self serving BS speeches at board meeting???
I never attend Board meetings. The only reason I attended the Budget meeting was to get the Board to stop using over estimated expense lines to fire people, cut programs and raise taxes. My second motive was to get then to incriminate them selves. And they did! The second the budget vote is over. I will apeal to the commissioner of education.

As respects the Teacher's and parents that applauded when I spoke. They did not applaud me. They applaud the truth of my statements.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:35 am 
Licata and Lamp has my vote at this point..


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:26 am 
guests wrote:
Licata and Lamp has my vote at this point..



Just posting it here does not really help them. You need to get out on Tuesday and remind people to vote. Then tell them the facts about the people you want elected to the board.


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am 
I had heard on this site and rumors that Doug Duncan (the kid on the board) was backing and helping Smith 's campaign. Well I saw it for my own eyes when I saw him putting Smith literature on cars. We made the mistake once, electing him. Then the teachers union backed him against a pta mom and he won the election. Shows what power the union has that they could have gotten this knuckle head re-elected. He has never done ANYTHING for this community, the kid can't even finish college. I am so glad to know now for sure that he is team Smith. This guy has agenda written all over him. Wake up everyone and exercise your constitutional right to vote. Vote for who ever is running against Smith! Shame on us, TWICE, for letting this kid on the board, don't let it happen again. We can use another Dougie like we can use a hole in the head!


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group