LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: East Graduation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 am 
Congratulations to all the seniors. Would have been nice if the rain had held off, but all in all it was a wonderful ceremony.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 am 
Once again the idiots in charge manage to show how bright they are!!! Graduation in the rain.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am 
A little rain can't hurt.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 am 
Actually, my friends and I were glad it was still on. It was great getting to graduate today instead of Saturday or Sunday and I applaud the administration for not cancelling because of a little drizzle. I bet you would've complained if it had been cancelled by saying "it was barely anything." My friends and I had no complaints, our families all brought raincoats and umbrellas. We had no complaints then, why should you complain now?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 pm 
varun bhuchar wrote:
Actually, my friends and I were glad it was still on. It was great getting to graduate today instead of Saturday or Sunday and I applaud the administration for not cancelling because of a little drizzle. I bet you would've complained if it had been cancelled by saying "it was barely anything." My friends and I had no complaints, our families all brought raincoats and umbrellas. We had no complaints then, why should you complain now?

Congratulations to you and all the East Seniors! What an amazing graduation. We wish all of you a bright and happy future.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:32 am 
I am the mom of a graduating senior. I thought it was terrible. We had to wait until almost 5 pm to find out whether or not graduation was on. Then they rushed through the ceremony. These poor kids worked 13 years for this moment and no one could even enjoy it. The valedictorian wrote a beautiful speech, I think. But, it was raining and everyone was too busy hiding under umbrellas to enjoy it. Maybe for the kids it was fine but think about the elderly grandparents sitting in the rain. There was no reason why the ceremony wasn't postponed until Saturday!!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 am 
I got a call that said nothing.. So I had my son call his friends to find out if graduation was on. Pathetic school district.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm 
Momof three wrote:
I am the mom of a graduating senior. I thought it was terrible. We had to wait until almost 5 pm to find out whether or not graduation was on. Then they rushed through the ceremony. These poor kids worked 13 years for this moment and no one could even enjoy it. The valedictorian wrote a beautiful speech, I think. But, it was raining and everyone was too busy hiding under umbrellas to enjoy it. Maybe for the kids it was fine but think about the elderly grandparents sitting in the rain. There was no reason why the ceremony wasn't postponed until Saturday!!

"Maybe for the kids it was fine" EXACTLY
Graduation is for the kids, not you. If you can't handle a little rain to watch you kid graduate, well then you have your priorities out of line. Stop always making it about yourself and think of who it is really about, it wasnt your day it was your childs, act like it.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 am 
I am a mom also of a east graduate and my 5th time at graduation...and besides the rain I think it was great!!!!It was to the point and precise...it was wonderful not to have to sit through long speeches and just have the valvitorian and class pres speak.And if you ask most of the kids they thought it was great....the only thing that was not great is afterwards you could not get pictures as great as you could during the day...but i would take sitting in the drizzle over 100 degree day anytime.Congrat;s Graduates!!!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 am 
People need to get over it...face it, your kid is supposed to graduate from high school. Its really not that big of a deal. College, okay, but high school graduation in not really that big of a deal.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Once again the idiots in charge manage to show how bright they are!!! Graduation in the rain.

yeah the nerve of the administration to schedule the rain along with graduation. You naysayers are idiots.
it was a little rain ,congrats to all the kids.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

yeah the nerve of the administration to schedule the rain along with graduation. You naysayers are idiots.
it was a little rain ,congrats to all the kids.

no one will ever be happy, there would have been complaints about the heat, if it was too warm. And it probably wouldnt have been from the kids who have to wear a cap and gown that doesnt allow you to escape the heat, it would have come from the parents who can wear whatever they want to try and stay cool.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 am 
varun bhuchar wrote:

Great job by the students, teachers and administration. The temperature was perfect and the moisture good for the skin. I appreciate East having the graduation on Friday night. Some people had to travel for graduation and/or take off from work. There is never an easy answer. Kudos to East for getting the job done!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 pm 
Im not really sure who you think you are talking to me like this. Maybe, high school graduation is not a big deal to you. Maybe, you are fortunate enough that you and your family havent had any hardships throughout the years. But, we havent been as lucky. How about we were told that our child probably wouldnt live long enough to make it to graduation? So, to sit there on your throne and tell me that my priorities are not in the right place maybe you should walk in my shoes before you throw that line of garbage around.

This is a forum where people should be able to write about their opinions in the hopes that in the future these opinions will be considered for future events. Some of you sit on here and do nothing but tear and rip others apart. I honestly feel sorry for you.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 am 
Not specifically at you, but at everyone. Society makes the biggest deal out of nothing. Your kid graduated, great...move on. It's not that big of a deal. I am not on a throne, but I am a realist who keeps thing is perspective. The district can't control the weather...sorry if they inconvenienced you. Maybe if they would get smart and hold the ceremony indoors at Stony Brook or another location with a large enough venue people like you would stop complaining. Then again you may have to drive to a place that is not so close and you would complain about that...

Report this post