LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MORE RAISES!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:28 am 
Whoever is leading the district must be the biggest horses patootie ever. Giving 1.5% raises to all types of employees. It was only a few meetings ago the Board approved a new postion "preferred sub" and these subs get a new raise too. The pay rate to save hundreds of thousands was just established. What a horse patootie!!!!!!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: MORE RAISES!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:32 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Whoever is leading the district must be the biggest horses patootie ever. Giving 1.5% raises to all types of employees. It was only a few meetings ago the Board approved a new postion "preferred sub" and these subs get a new raise too. The pay rate to save hundreds of thousands was just established. What a horse patootie!!!!!!

Only in this district would a board put raises on the agenda in such a poor economic time. There should be no raises at all. Stop spending our money!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 am 
Wait???? Didnt they just cut subs pay by $10 a day...What are you talking about..

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:03 am 
Check out the Sachem agenda on the board website. These idiots cut sub pay and now give them a raise. I don't know which administration is worse ours or Smithtown's.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:36 am 
Must be nice to get a raise. I would't know anything about that since I haven't had a raise since 2007. Oh and I am stil on a 10% pay cut so my co-workers could keep their jobs. It's nice to know that on my reduced salary I can contribute to district raises. Makes me feel really good. Up yours Sachem!!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:52 pm 
It's 1.5% for some of the lowest paid employees. Not a huge impact overall. I usually bash the admin, but this is one of those cases that is worth the cost.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
It's 1.5% for some of the lowest paid employees. Not a huge impact overall. I usually bash the admin, but this is one of those cases that is worth the cost.

How do you justify this statement? In todays economy there are no raises of any amount in the private sector, why does the district seem to believe its ok to spend the communities money at will.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm 
look at sub teacher budget $2,200,000 dollars. these salaries are probably worth six million on budget. 1.5 % is over 100,000 for all of these employees. This would pay foe more clubs. No clubs and you want raises for these part-time workers.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 pm 
Are you kidding? People making $8.68 and hour got a raise to $8.91 and hour. The min. wage is 7.25, should everyone be cut to that? These are middle class people who are making an honest living, not
"big whighs" making some great and cushy deal for themselves.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

How do you justify this statement? In todays economy there are no raises of any amount in the private sector, why does the district seem to believe its ok to spend the communities money at will.

How do you justify what you just said? A 1.5% raise for the lowest paid personel is not prohibitive. The freezes you are talking about are for gov't workers with unusually high benefits. People in the private sector are getting raises albeit low ones. I don't think this is an example of the district spending the communities money "at will". Get serious. There are more lucrative areas to make substantial cuts from.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 am 
I work in the private sector and have not gotten a raise in over three years.

Some industries have not rebounded. It seems as if teh only ones getting raises & bonuses are the ones whos' comapanies/jobs are funded through the government and taxes.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I work in the private sector and have not gotten a raise in over three years.

Some industries have not rebounded. It seems as if teh only ones getting raises & bonuses are the ones whos' comapanies/jobs are funded through the government and taxes.

I'm in the private sector and we are getting approx 3+% for the next 4 years and not one cent comes from the government. That doesn't mean what you say isn't true. The private is hurtingand that reduces our tax base.The public sector has ,and should have freezes, because that is government spending and comes directly from the taxpayers.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:51 am 
Screw all the Tea Party rhetoric...You Dont like like what the Board does vote them out in May.. otherwise you same twenty people who BS on this site should go watch Glee or Re runs of Friday night Lights to get you thrills...

Report this post