LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm 
So you voted yes well this is what you get. The district ran out and purchased HP Ultra books for all of the Admins and principals and will justify it by saying its because we have to do more evaluations of the teachers. I guess the Laptops they recieved a few years ago are to heavy. Where are the new computers for the Kids?

They are also buying special portable PC/tablets for teh teachers because the PCs in there rooms aren't good enough for Taking Attendance but again They are the Same PCs we have the Kids using.

Thanks Bruce Keep spending are money.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:01 pm 
I also hear that the Admin that runs The IT Dept. has multiple computers at his house for his wife and children to use. I am told he hasa Mac PC, a Mac Laptop, an Ipad, and is slated to get at least one if not both of the Tablet Computers mentioned in the prior post.

MAybe his Dept should be Audited to see how he justifies having these school Purchase Computers and why he needs them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 pm 
I would like to know where you get your info from. I'm pretty sure it will be a chilly day in hell before all the teachers get tablets, our tech (district wide) is far behind the times.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
Does it Matter wrote:
So you voted yes well this is what you get. The district ran out and purchased HP Ultra books for all of the Admins and principals and will justify it by saying its because we have to do more evaluations of the teachers. I guess the Laptops they recieved a few years ago are to heavy. Where are the new computers for the Kids?

They are also buying special portable PC/tablets for teh teachers because the PCs in there rooms aren't good enough for Taking Attendance but again They are the Same PCs we have the Kids using.

The district ran out and bought me a jet plane and a mansion in Florida. So long, suckers!!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 am 
Does it Matter wrote:

whats wrong with pen an paper

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 pm 
I work in the district and can confirm what the person that posted this is saying. I was also told the new laptops for the admin and principals are in. Tax dollars at work.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 pm 
Its crap like this why our budget had to increase 4.2% yet many of the other districts were able to pare their's down.

What nonsense

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm 
someone who knows wrote:
I work in the district and can confirm what the person that posted this is saying. I was also told the new laptops for the admin and principals are in. Tax dollars at work.

IF this is true, then have we considered the fact that technology gets outdated and needs to be replaced every few years? I don't mean replaced to be new and exciting but just to perform properly and with a reasonable speed. Technology in schools is here to stay and honestly, we are far behind most districts in technology anyway.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:02 am 
someone who knows wrote:

Oh, yeah? I'm waiting on my tablet. Check the mailbox every day. You work in the district and can confirm, right? When can I expect it?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:05 am 
Guest wrote:
someone who knows wrote:

Oh, yeah? I'm waiting on my tablet. Check the mailbox every day. You work in the district and can confirm, right? When can I expect it?

I work for the district and can confirm that they have bought the administrators unicorns to ride to work. They also bought the teachers elves that can type to enter the grades for them. I think it's wrong to buy elves; they're people too. But Santa has fallen on hard times and sold them for cost.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 pm 
You have all the wrong facts.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 am 
Guest wrote:
You have all the wrong facts.

No, I don't! The teachers are all getting pet dragons at the expense of the taxpayers!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:29 pm 
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
someone who knows wrote:

I work for the district and can confirm that they have bought the administrators unicorns to ride to work. They also bought the teachers elves that can type to enter the grades for them. I think it's wrong to buy elves; they're people too. But Santa has fallen on hard times and sold them for cost.

Glad this is a joke to you... I thought this forum was for those who care about the community. Is all this stuff factual? Not sure but only time will tell. Why don't you crawl back into your hole and leave your useless comments to yourself.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:52 am 
Quote:
Glad this is a joke to you... I thought this forum was for those who care about the community. Is all this stuff factual? Not sure but only time will tell. Why don't you crawl back into your hole and leave your useless comments to yourself.

Why don't you kiss my @$$? You "thought this forum was for those who care about the community," did you? And I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, you m o r o n.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:53 am 
Guest wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you kiss my @$$? You "thought this forum was for those who care about the community," did you? And I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, you m o r o n.

This “Smarty pants” thinks this is a forum for people who care? LOL

Report this post