LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:36 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I am anxiously awaiting Freds "blue typed" response...I am actually tingling. Watch the traffic on this website drop to Fred and a handfull of unemployed losers and jealous teacher hating stay at home moms who are still wondering why THEY did not become a teacher.

Freds response will probably include statements such as " THis fight is not over" " I will never go away"' " As long as there is injustice...." Ho Hum

You truly are an “Smarty pants”

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:00 pm 
guest 1 wrote:
Fred:
Despite your best efforts the Community has spoken - you have lost and your propaganda did not work - now please try to find another goal for yourself and another reason to exist - living to defeat the Sachem Budget year after year is destructive to the children of this district.

We have spoken and now it is time for you to listen.

Fred,

If you are reading this, you should take comments like this as confirmation that you are doing something right on this site. If these people truly didn't care about what you have to say, they wouldn't expend so much energy on assisinating your character and calling you names. It seems clear to me that they fear you and what they have to say.

Keep it up and keep exposing the BOE's tactics. Someone needs to do it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:29 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
guest 1 wrote:
Fred:
Despite your best efforts the Community has spoken - you have lost and your propaganda did not work - now please try to find another goal for yourself and another reason to exist - living to defeat the Sachem Budget year after year is destructive to the children of this district.

We have spoken and now it is time for you to listen.

Fred,

If you are reading this, you should take comments like this as confirmation that you are doing something right on this site. If these people truly didn't care about what you have to say, they wouldn't expend so much energy on assisinating your character and calling you names. It seems clear to me that they fear you and what they have to say.

Keep it up and keep exposing the BOE's tactics. Someone needs to do it.
Fear ??? Freddy Gorman ? Are you nuts ?

Report this post

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:15 pm 

My appreciation intended for giving this practical and beaming segment of information.

home flyers

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: sad fred
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 am 
Its not the salary that Teachers Make thats an Issue. It is the Benefits they get that have to change. I am tired of Reading the paper and seeing them complain about there Financial security. Besides teachers only Police and Fireman have that security. Most of the rest of the country contribute to there Retirement for as long as they work what makes teacher so Special?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:10 am 
budget wrote:
Its not the salary that Teachers Make thats an Issue. It is the Benefits they get that have to change. I am tired of Reading the paper and seeing them complain about there Financial security. Besides teachers only Police and Fireman have that security. Most of the rest of the country contribute to there Retirement for as long as they work what makes teacher so Special?

As I always said Teachers are not in the same category as Policeman / Fireman...Policeman and fireman every day they go to work could be the last time they leave there homes alive, and until a teacher needs to wear a vest in the classroom I don't ever want to hear them put in the same sentence as being equal....By the way 99.9 % of all fireman on Long Island are volunteers, and just think how much more our taxes would be if we did not have any volunteers...God bless them all...

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:18 am 
Fireman do get breaks on their taxes, and it rightfully so, they volunteer their time.

Teachers get paid very well and get summers a lots of vacations off. They get pensions and health benefits. Teachers are very well taken care of yet they think they aren't. I bet most teachers could never survive in the real work place, working min 8 hrs per day with only 2-3 weeks vacation and a few company paid holidays, along with paying for benefits and retirement.

I think teachers do a great job, but so do I and I don't get anything for free. i work my butt off for what I have and am proud what I accomplished. What I'm tired of is hearing whoa is me by many government workers. There is such waste and ways to save money but some poor slobs pocket is being greased and thus we the taxpayer continue to give give give and for what? A place that is becoming so expensive to live. The younger person is not able to afford to live here anymore!!!!

Govt needs to stop the bleeding!!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:06 am 
Guest wrote:
Fireman do get breaks on their taxes, and it rightfully so, they volunteer their time.

Teachers get paid very well and get summers a lots of vacations off. They get pensions and health benefits. Teachers are very well taken care of yet they think they aren't. I bet most teachers could never survive in the real work place, working min 8 hrs per day with only 2-3 weeks vacation and a few company paid holidays, along with paying for benefits and retirement.

I think teachers do a great job, but so do I and I don't get anything for free. i work my butt off for what I have and am proud what I accomplished. What I'm tired of is hearing whoa is me by many government workers. There is such waste and ways to save money but some poor slobs pocket is being greased and thus we the taxpayer continue to give give give and for what? A place that is becoming so expensive to live. The younger person is not able to afford to live here anymore!!!!

Govt needs to stop the bleeding!!!

We don't get things for free. Perhaps Tier 1 teachers got things for free, but most current teachers are Tiers 3, 4, and 5 and we pay into everything. I pay for my healthcare, I pay into my pension, and I contribute to my 403b. I won't speak for all teachers, but I work at least a 9 hour day when you include after school activities, and then I go home and grade for at least an hour. Find me another profession where you make under $60k with 7 years of experience and a masters' degree, and then spending your vacation taking mandatory classwork in order to keep your certification. Teaching is not the job it used to be - teachers today don't teach because it's easy. We teach because we love to teach - which is something people need to remember.

Report this post