LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Results
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 pm 
Caputo wins by more then 100 votes so I guess the puppet master can crawl back into the hole where he belongs

Report this post

Post subject: It is what it is
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:27 pm 
David,
You should be proud. As a fairly newcomer to Farmingville you produced a good showing. But most of all you ran an honest and clean race. Not like the Caputo side who destroyed, defaced and stole your property. To bad your children had to experience how some people act.

Caputo 470
Rubin 335

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm 
david did not run an honest and clean race, he put out all lies and his team was caught in illegal actions.

Actually he did not run a campaign GIPPETO ran it for Pinnochio.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm 
Flush.....
you really need to grow up!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:20 pm 
no Steve needs to grow up.He or David did not even show up for results.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm 
Jerry wrote:
no Steve needs to grow up.He or David did not even show up for results.

oh and he needs to grow up because he wasn't there for the results.... O BOY!
you all deserve each other the messed up department that you are! maybe when you start showing up to YOUR OWN calls, you can gain some respect from your neighbors that constantly pick up your slack!
good luck to farmingville (jokeville)

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 pm 
Go f yourself and stop hideing behind guest Steve

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:23 am 
what did dave boobens kids witness. I know ,, Daddy taking pictures at accident scenes to profit instead of helping someone in need,, poor children.

Report this post

Post subject: Crossing the Line!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 am 
I have been silent up until this point. However, I am done. "Flush" (quite a fitting alias for a spineless piece of s*it, btw) - back off! You are really going to resort to bringing our young children into this? Really? And you dare to question why people think very little of you? Wow!

If you are really going to go there, grow a set and sign a real name so we can have a little chat.

You hide behind your fake name and come on here to criticize my husband. However, he has not said anything that was not true at any point during this election. Yes, he lost the election. I'm sure it didn't help that 70+ of his small signs were stolen, and 5 of his large signs were stolen and/or vandalized. And, if I had to guess, I'd assume you had some part of it. Nice job. Very mature. Way to run a fair race!!!!

Dave has been nothing but respectful and honest through all of this, in spite of the name calling that has occurred on this board, the screaming out car windows at him, the theft of his property, the vandalism, and the insults. I truly have no way of knowing if John Caputo has had a role in all of this unfair and downright wrong treatment, and I never will. I sure hope not. Maybe he was part of it, maybe some of his "friends" (term used VERY loosely here - real friends do not do things that make each other look bad) took it upon themselves to do this without his knowledge. It doesn't really matter. The fact was, it was done, and we all have a pretty good idea by whom.

Bottom line - Dave ran a clean, honest campaign. He ran for this position to help the Farmingville community, to change some of the practices that people see that make volunteers look bad, and to improve the emergency response that the department can provide to the community. (Before you try to spin that into something negative - we all know the connotation that often goes with being a volunteer. We also know that, thankfully, in most cases, the stereotype is not true. Most of you truly are there because you want to help people. However, we also all know that there are some out there like you, Flush, who are so busy patting yourself on the back and looking down your noses at those who are not volunteers that you lose sight of why you are there - to help people.)

Back to my point - Dave can stand proud. No one ever heard his name before 3 weeks ago, and he and Steve rallied the support of that many people? 335 votes? Personally, I'm impressed!

As for our children, they have a better understanding of right and wrong, fairness, and the way GOOD people should act than you, Flush, and all of the other immature spineless a**es who do not have the cajones to even write your names while tossing around insults and making accusations. Our kids understand that we (we, in this case, being the Rubins and the Curtins) did not resort to damaging John's signs, stealing John's signs, name calling, etc., because we are better people than you. And if you have any doubt at this point, yes, that's right, I consider myself, my husband, and our friends superior to you "Flush", the other nameless people here who choose to mudsling, and those others who engaged in theft and vandalism this week.

We, along with our children, were proud to walk into the polling place yesterday and cast our vote for commissioner. And yes, we saw certain people opening doors, pointing and sneering. But that's ok. We expected it, we prepared our kids for it, and it did not deter us from doing what we were there to do. It taught our kids about how elections work, dirty politics, and that the world is full of crooked people that you are forced to deal with.

With regards to my husband's job as a photographer. You are right - he takes pictures at accident and fire scenes. The same scenes that you and your fellow volunteers respond to. The same scenes that you all look in Newsday and Fire News the minute it comes out to see if your picture got in the paper. Well, genius, how do you think those pictures get there?

You are there to help - that is your job. He is there to take photos - that is his job. I have witnessed my husband, on more than 1 occasion, be the first on an accident scene, and i assure you that he is the first one out of the car, helping wherever he can. And, in those instances, that camera never comes out of the car. Again, our 6 and 8 year olds have witnessed it as well, and are proud of their dad, as they should be, and know that he does not do his job as a photographer until he has done all that he can to ensure that any victims are in good hands. And, when he is there as a photographer, he does that job. He does not yell at firefighters, he does not put his hands on them. Sadly, I cannot say the same for everyone else at a certain accident scene this past Saturday.

Finally, before you go accusing this post of being from Steve, like you have with every other one that has not agreed with you - I assure you - this IS Allyson Rubin. Umlike you, I have signed my name. I am not spineless. I have nothing to be afraid of in doing so - I have morals, ethics, and common sense.

Get a life, Flush, and do not bring up our children again!!!!!

Allyson Rubin

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:49 am 
Allyson how can you say that his campian was fair when in fact Steve was caught breaking the LAW so good luck with your new friends and we hpoe to beat him agian next year.I know he proably would have gotten more votes without a Puppet Master.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 am 
They didn't vote for Dave they voted for 10% so get off your high horse missy

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:18 am 
I think everyone needs to get over this mailbox thing. Fine, it may have happened. I don't know for sure. I didn't do it, nor did Dave, and we never saw Steve do it. But, ya know what? Even if it was done - give me a break!!!! It's a piece of paper in a mailbox. Who does that hurt? NO ONE! Damaging property, stealing - that is a problem! That DOES have an effect.

The "Puppet Master"??? Really? What is this, Seinfeld? At least come up with an original thought....c'mon now!!!

Finally - the 10%. Yeah, ok. Some people did vote for that, no doubt. Do you think that maybe that's why it was a good slogan to put on signs and flyers? Because it gets people to come out and vote!!!! How'd that work out? Oh, right - there was a HUGE turnout last night, wasn't there? Others voted because of what Dave was running for, besides just the tax reduction. Still others voted because they know Dave personally, and know that he is a good person who stands up for what he believes in, and will do anything he needs to in order to help others. If you had bothered to ask him about his opinion on 'all things firehouse' after he posted his introduction, you would have known that. You could have found out that he had a plan to do something to cut costs, increase safety, and help the fireman personally, all in one shot. But, you didn't bother to ask, because, as you clowns stated 'he is against the fireman'. You were just too busy with the name calling and other nonsense to give him a chance to show you who he was.

So, you voted for status quo. And so did your friends. And so did 400+ other people. I just hope we are not all sorry for that over the next 5 years!

Allyson Rubin

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:42 am 
You say just a Piece of paper but that is the Mailmans job,How would you feel if the volunteers in Holbrook man the radio for free.It's just talking on the radio,on another note Iguess in Holbrook they don,t have anything on allthe flyers David put out.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 am 
OK I'll give him a chance...Hand the key board over to your husband and lets hear it ...What's your husbands master plan to cut costs, increase safety and help the firemen personnelly in one shot???? I really want to hear this because if he had put it out in the streets on his HONEST literature I'm sure he would have definetly won....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 am 
So if you can't bet em join em......APPLICATION in your mail box DAVID or the wife won't let you???

Report this post