LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:53 am 
Did't Mr Caputo stop by to ask Dave about his views and he saw that has an illegal action has he stated.I hope to hear Daves name read off at the next Department meeting cause we could always use more VOLUNTEERS.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 am 
Allyson did your husband even touch any of those signs because the signs that were placed in front of John's were childish and uncalled for......He should have put them next to them not block them....And those "Say No to Caputo" signs made by a 10 year old in magic marker.....Real professional....I wonder if your husband approved of those....By the Way...The town of Brookhaven, The county and state have been pulling out all kinds of signs for weeks during and after the general election and this one,,,,, so before you try to point fingers you should know the facts..... Just like your husband approved of literature info that was false and put it out there.....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:23 am 
literature placed into mail boxes after the mailman puts his delivery into it then followed by someone with a postage paid stamp on it who didn't pay the postage at the post office is very illegal..
That is a big deal..... Allyson Thats what Steve Curtin did.....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 am 
You are correct - it is the mailman's job to deliver mail. This is not mail. We are talking about a hand-delivered piece of paper. Had these pieces of paper not been hand carried to resident's homes, the mailman would not have had any more mail to deliver. Do you honestly believe we would have spent that much $ to mail out that many flyers? Of course not. We (Rubins and Curtins alike) did all spend our time going out and delivering flyers to resident's houses. You do realize that campaigns are personally-funded, right???? Some flyers WERE mailed, and postage was paid on those, and the mailman delivered those.

There is no parallel to dispatching in Holbrook. They hired Dave, plain and simple, because they choose to have paid dispatchers. If Holbrook chooses to have members man the radios, and they were to get rid of paid dispatchers, then Dave would work in another department that DOES have paid dispatchers.

As for flyers in Hobrook - why would Dave put out flyers in Holbrook? He was not running for commissioner there. What are you talking about????

As for Dave's "big idea" (Clever username, by the way - how about signing a REAL name??? better yet, YOUR real name!!!) - that is his option to share the idea, or not. However, it is certainly not something he would've put on literature b/c it IS just that - an IDEA!!! Not a guarantee. So, you'd have to be an “Smarty pants” to print something that you were not sure you could do. Perhaps he will come to a meeting at some point and propose his idea to the commissioners. Perhaps he won't. Only time will tell. As for you, your 'chance' came a little too late. Perhaps you should've gotten off of YOUR high horse a few days ago and asked. Now, to be honest, I can't say that he would've posted it on here anyway, since it was simply an idea, not a guarantee, and this is just a board full of anonymous users.

Finally, whoever "volunteers needed" is. "The wife" does not need to "let him" - if he chooses to join, that would be his choice. However, that said, let's be real. Should we rehash all the abuse that he has taken over the last few weeks as a PRIVATE CITIZEN? I would not even want to imagine the abuse he would take if he were to walk through those doors as a probie. C'mon. It was stated on this board this week that there is no way he would be accepted by the members. So now, you are suddenly welcoming him as one of you. Yeah, ok, that's realistic....

Report this post

Post subject: Addt'l responses
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 am 
Mr. Caputo did arrive at our front door on the day that Dave submitted his petition to run for commissioner, yes. When Dave called him, Mr. Caputo expressed an interest in showing Dave "the other side of the story". They agree to meet. Our family was sick the next day, Dave called to reschedule and never received a call back from Mr. Caputo. So, I don't know what he wanted to talk about, exactly. Are you Mr. Caputo? Is he your friend? Maybe he could tell us, instead of another nameless guest....

Signs and the Town of Brookhaven - you will really try to have me believe that they came to my house and the house of several of our friends and neighbors and removed Dave's signs from out OWN FRONT LAWNS? And while perusing the town, they also removed Dave's signs, but not John's, sitting right next to them. And, they took a saw to a large sign on Horseblock Road, but left the pieces on the side of the road. And, took down Dave's large sign next to John's and threw it in the woods. And finally, moved a sign that was down the block to right next to the firehouse on the NIGHT of the election and covered it with black spraypaint. Yes, that sounds exactly like what the town would do. Be realistic!!!!

Last time I will say this - the literature was NOT false!!!! Please, tell me, what in that literature was false????

And, the mail issue, again. I'm not saying it is not illegal tp put something in a mailbox. I am saying it's not a big deal. Have you ever driven 1 mph over the speed limit? BTW, that's illegal too. What's your point? And, p.s. - that CAN be dangerous....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:42 am 
allison,,,,NO SOUP FOR YOU,,,BLAGH,,BLAGH,,BLAGH....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 am 
See, now that is at least funny!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:46 am 
Lame, but funny

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:51 am 
So i guess printing your own money would be ok, because that is what printing a bulk mailing permit is ,,,RIGHT,,,, I would love to have such a simple mind like you,,,,,, see you next year,,,,,THE END.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 am 
Ahh, Flush, always good for a laugh. I'm not planning on printing any money - are you? Or will you and your buddies just steal some?

Me - simple mind???? Far from it. If you only knew....

B'bye.....

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 am 
volunteersneeded wrote:
So if you can't bet em join em......APPLICATION in your mail box DAVID or the wife won't let you???

well i hope you plan on "mailing" that application!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm 
Allyson we have a Mailman in the Firehouse after speaking to him and my Mailman it is a very Big deal to them.I hope in the future that David does join cause like I stated we could always use VOLUNTEERS.I know you stated that you nor David did't know Steve was putting these flyers in the mailboxes so I would have to assume that John does not know of any wrong doings with David's signs.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm 
Jerry, I really hope you are right in your assumption. It would be nice to think that the man that was elected would not have had any part om theft, vandalisn, harrassment, etc. Unfortunately, I would not bet on it...

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 pm 
Allyson
I would bet on it cause the person who did this does not care for John but he dis likes Steven worse.It was not an act agianst David but the person everyone saw putting up all those signs and stuffing mailboexes.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:06 pm 
Jerry wrote:
Allyson
I would bet on it cause the person who did this does not care for John but he dis likes Steven worse.It was not an act agianst David but the person everyone saw putting up all those signs and stuffing mailboexes.

I have 1 question.... who was running for election, Steven or David? Because when I went down to vote I saw David Rubin and John Caputo not Steven Curtin. So YES Allyson I "WOULDN'T" BET ON IT EITHER!

Report this post