LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 am 
The second meeting of the re-launched Farmingville Civics is scheduled for this Wednesday Feb. 16 at the Farmingville Firehouse (the firehouse closer to route 83). The meeting time is at 8:00PM.

The guest speaker is Mr James Ryan, the Assessor for the Town of Brookhaven. Mr Ryan will talk about how to understand your property tax bill and how to grieve your taxes on your own without using a costly outside service.

I personally attended a workshop conducted by Mr. Ryan last year and successfully grieved my taxes on my own, without any expenses. I found his workshop to be one of the most worthwhile and informative public service workshops I have ever attended.

The March and April Farmingville Civic Meetings will focus on understanding the Sachem School Budget. Guest speakers have been invited.

The civic is in the re-launch process. Our first meeting was held in January. Our guest speakers were County Executive Steve Levy and County Legislator Tom Muratore.

We will have membership forms available at our Feb 16 meetings. Membership fees will be $25.00 and will be used to fund insurance that is required for meetings and mailings.

We hope to see you at the Feb 16 meeting!

Report this post