LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:00 pm 
Date: Fri, Feb 13, 2009 12:00 PM
Subject: An Invite from Congressman Israel

Dear Ratepayer:
On Monday, February 23, 2009 I will be hosting a summit on how to access funds for innovative energy initiatives that have been included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. This Summit will be at 10am at LIPA headquarters, located at 333 Earle Ovington Blvd in Uniondale.
As a member of the Appropriations Committee, I spend more than 75% of my time in Congress on helping Long Island become the nation’s next Green Energy Corridor. I believe we have the necessary infrastructure, skilled workforce, business resources, and research and development capabilities to be the center of advanced energy progress in the United States.
I fought for the inclusion of more than $70 billion in funding for green initiatives in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Now we have a unique opportunity to harness these funds for Long Island’s vast community of energy based enterprises. !
; At this workshop I will be joining with Kevin Law, CEO of LIPA, and a representative from the Department of Energy to direct business owners, researchers, and elected officials on how to apply for and receive funding so that our community can lead the way in ending our dependence on foreign oil. Never again will the energy movement have an opportunity like this and I am fighting to make sure Long Island is first in line.
If you can attend please RSVP to Jennifer Pastrich at (631)951-2210. I look forward to seeing you and working with you to invest in Long Island’s green economy and to ensure New York’s role as the nation’s next Green Energy Capitol.
Sincerely,STEVEISRAEL
Member of Congress

P.S. Due to the high volume of cor!
mail. To RSVP please call the number above or email Jennifer.pastrich@mailhouse.gov

Report this post