LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 am 
After getting sick with a severe occupational disease caused by the Northport Power Station that has been substantiated, I was forced back to work not being allowed to seek treatment, and sent to the Melville call center for temporary light duty(where I was not supposed to go to) working in the collections department known as KeySpan Energy Services (KES). While working there, a couple of co-workers showed me (I saw/witnesses first hand with my own two eyes) corporate gas & electric accounts in arrears(not payed) from $100,000+, and one for over $1,000,000 not paid which clearly stated "NO SHUT OFF NOTICE", WITHOUT being in dispute on the bill, as Kevin Law claimed in one Newsday article approximately about a year ago only after my wife brought this fact to his attention. Clearly he has tried to Whitewash this issue as only an allegation, instead of factual truth. I witnesses this evidence when when Richard Kessel was then CEO & President of LIPA & LILCO d.b.a. LIPA, before Mr. Kevin Law succeeded him. Remember, Keyspan employees handled the billing, collections, call center work, etc. for LIPA even still to date under the various contractual agreement between the State Authority & Private entities. I am glad these co-workers brought this corporate fraud to my attention. They saved copies of these accounts they were ordered to be shredded when the hostile take over of LILCO happened between Marketspan (everyone forgets that one), and LIPA. Then Marketspan turned to Keyspan, & it was publicized that LIPA's #'s were off for bonding where they borrowed a surmountable amount of $$ in order to keep the rates low for only about 3 years. When investigating deeper into this information, I noticed that one of the buildings in arrears happened to be a politically connected. LIPA was supposed receive the $$ in collections/arrears for the electric part of LILCO, & MarketSpan/KeySpan (once Brooklyn Union Gas affiliated w/ENRON) was supposed only receive the $$ in collections/arrears for just the gas portion of LILCO. However, since KES, all former LILCO Employees still the majority currently employed handling LIPA's account without proper oversight, upper management gave the orders to eliminate certain corporate accounts, and somehow allocate the $$ into the gas portion, therefore stealing what should have been LIPA's portion. Bottom line, is that the RICO action brought against LILCO originally by the County & other parties, carried on through the LIPA ACT that is not regulated by the State of New York PSC. The positions in LIPA were appointed, not voted in. Regardless, in my opinion as well as many other citizens observations into the facts, the LIPA Act is unconstitutional. LIPA (LILCO d.b.a. LIPA) pays for the fuel purchased for the old LILCO power plants they are contracted with, while KeySpan Energy Trading Services ordered the fuel, without any proper oversight as well. Which is a conflict of interest, since there is really no truth as to the real costs of fuel claimed to be purchased.
At the same time, there were people with real hardships that worked very hard who were only $50. in arrears that collections had shut off dates for. This made me sick to my stomach. People have a right to dispute their bills, and I for one being from the inside-out would find out how to do so. People are not supposed be shut off for the undisputed amount they really owe and pay, yet the company regardless of the disputes have done so, which had been illegal, yet Mr. Law keeps changing the tariffs without proper public hearings. You don't have to go to the hearings, to know what is going on, you can go to the LIPA web site to find out.

Your friend & neighbor "The Whistle Blower".

Report this post

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm 
I have seen these accounts with my own eye's. It is a disgrace. There are no shut off notices or disputes just politically connected accounts. Everything Mr.K has stated is true and most documents still are out their. Continue with what you are doing as I believe it is the right thing to do. I wish more people would come forward so stay strong and hopeful and I pray your health gets better. You are way too young to be in the situation you are in. WE are all thinking of you.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:32 am 
Who pays for this mess and how do we get it investigated? This is something I am interested in. I had trouble with $38 and had to be put on a payment plan while these people can get away with not paying. DISGUSTING..LIPA needs to be removed a new board elected in and Kevin Law with the rest of his over paid crooks put in jail for good. When I read this for the first time I called my local politicians and was shrugged off. Now I know their is a major problem. We need people to get on board and do something. PLEASE let's stop getting ripped off and band together.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:13 pm 
Learning wrote:
Who pays for this mess and how do we get it investigated? This is something I am interested in. I had trouble with $38 and had to be put on a payment plan while these people can get away with not paying. DISGUSTING..LIPA needs to be removed a new board elected in and Kevin Law with the rest of his over paid crooks put in jail for good. When I read this for the first time I called my local politicians and was shrugged off. Now I know their is a major problem. We need people to get on board and do something. PLEASE let's stop getting ripped off and band together.

AMEN

Report this post

Post subject: KBLumookqvSLdS
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:14 am 
Gee whiz, and I thuohgt this would be hard to find out.

Report this post