LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: security guards
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:32 am 
sachem security guards are always seen reading papers, magazines,[ even gun magazines],while their supervisor sees this and does nothing to stop it. they are constantly on break drinking coffee and in groups of 3 to 4 ,just talking and reading,while everyone enters the buildings and they don't even ask them who they are ,or what there doing here.they make over 18 dollars an hour to do nothing. we should hire an outside agency and save alot on benefits,the up-keep of all those security cars and all the gas they use at over $4.00 a gallon.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: security guards
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 am 
concerned wrote:
sachem security guards are always seen reading papers, magazines,[ even gun magazines],while their supervisor sees this and does nothing to stop it. they are constantly on break drinking coffee and in groups of 3 to 4 ,just talking and reading,while everyone enters the buildings and they don't even ask them who they are ,or what there doing here.they make over 18 dollars an hour to do nothing. we should hire an outside agency and save alot on benefits,the up-keep of all those security cars and all the gas they use at over $4.00 a gallon.

I have been in the building (North) many times over the past 10 years, and they have always asked who you are..Over time they do know you if you are a regular involved in helping out in what ever sports event or fundraiser...Most are ex cops with plenty of experience, and I rather have them around when you need them then some rent a cop that has no clue....Guy's you do a good job in my eyes, so keep it up...Climbing the wrong mountain here to try to save a few bucks that in the end god forbid you know what you have...

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:48 am 
guests5 wrote:
concerned wrote:

I have been in the building (North) many times over the past 10 years, and they have always asked who you are..Over time they do know you if you are a regular involved in helping out in what ever sports event or fundraiser...Most are ex cops with plenty of experience, and I rather have them around when you need them then some rent a cop that has no clue....Guy's you do a good job in my eyes, so keep it up...Climbing the wrong mountain here to try to save a few bucks that in the end god forbid you know what you have...

I'm sure there are plenty of ex policemen that would be a Sachem security guard WITHOUT hanging around coffee clotching with multiple guards.

I am sure Sachem did not hire guards to stand three deep drinking coffee- why aren't these guards being
"re-trained"?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 am 
You do not measure the effectiveness of a security guard on 'down time.' It's when a crisis happens is when you measure it.

God willing we do not need to test their experience.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 am 
oye wrote:
You do not measure the effectiveness of a security guard on 'down time.' It's when a crisis happens is when you measure it.

In a high school there is no "down time" and NO reason for security guards to be standing around coffee clotching.

Report this post

Post subject: security
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am 
If you have problem with security please do not put it on this site it does not help anyone complaining on this site. Go to the head of security explain what school ask why they are couple of security guards in one spot at a time. maybe they were changing posts you don't know anything unless you ask the right people.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: security
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm 
quest 210 wrote:
If you have problem with security please do not put it on this site it does not help anyone complaining on this site. Go to the head of security explain what school ask why they are couple of security guards in one spot at a time. maybe they were changing posts you don't know anything unless you ask the right people.

Been there... done that... was told it is unusual and doesn't happen often. It just so happens that it happens everytime I walk into the building- Boy do I have "rotten timing".

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:08 am 
security doesn't get benefits, the cars are all junk and the district has its own gas pump...anymore inaccuracies you want to argue?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:09 pm 
The Sachem Security guards are an integral part of the school team to keep our students safe. They continue to be professional and do their jobs on a daily basis. Why not call one of the supervisors if you think there is a problem and not defame a fine group of people on this site.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 pm 

just following you

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:50 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
guests5 wrote:
concerned wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of ex policemen that would be a Sachem security guard WITHOUT hanging around coffee clotching with multiple guards.

LOL, get real they'd even bring the donuts

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:14 am 
oye wrote:

You're right about not wanting to test their experience. If the worst were to happen and Sachem were to experience an active shooter incident these guards will be running for the hills along with the kids. I'm sure Sachem prohibits the retired police working there from carrying firearms on campus. Thats too bad, in an active shooter situation every second it takes to get an armed response means lost lives. But at least there's no smoking in the bathroom!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 am 
Seriously...
Why is it that people are casting stones? May those who live in a flawless glass house, start throwing. Otherwise, keep quiet. Security Guards in ALL schools at Sachem are doing an excellent job at providing a secure environment, that is safe for all. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 am 
You people should count your blessings to have retired NYC cops patrolling your schools hallways, most of us are retired supervisors . For the money sachem pays (by the way isnt much) consider yourselves lucky. P.S everyone drinks tea and coffee and speaks to there co-workers.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:25 am 
You people should count your blessings to have retired NYC cops patrolling your schools hallways, most of us are retired supervisors . For the money sachem pays (by the way isnt much) consider yourselves lucky. P.S everyone drinks tea and coffee and speaks to there co-workers, even you.

Report this post